Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Chen_Experiment01



I was mostly interested in cutting up paintings and trying to animate separate pieces to get a sense of depth or movement through the landscape. I started with a Caravaggio painting and separating the different limbs but that got really confusing fast and was tedious so I switched to this forest/landscape. This is close to how I want to go about making my final animation but doing this exercise essentially taught me that it'll have to be planned out better, and with a million layers. Also, at the moment it just kind of scary, like the trees closest to you are approaching, so for next time I'll try animating more things in the image. It would also be much cleaner if I'd included a layer that covers the background so there aren't duplicate trees and it'll look less messy and more convincing. I did this for the first one and that one looked much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment