Monday, February 10, 2014

Shin_After Effects Experiment

For this experiment, my purpose was to test the most basic features of After Effects such as drawing and applying transformation and special effects to my selected PSD file. I also tried out some shape layers. I expected my image to transform at the time frame I wanted as well as the effects I applied to appear at the certain time I wanted. I also attempted to draw some lines moving in and out of the screen.  I could not figure out how to draw on a layer. Instead of my expectations, my experiment turned out very simplistic and also chaotic. I wanted my image to fade out or scatter out into nothing but instead the effect I applied stayed instead of appearing at the right moment.
I learned how to apply transformations at the right time such as clicking the diamond at certain frames, but I could not figure out how to do that with some of the effects. I also learned how to render my animation from After Effects. For the next experiment, I want to succeed in drawing on a layer and have moving drawn pictures.


experiment from Maria Shin on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment