Monday, February 10, 2014

Argiroff_Experimental Animation


Creation experiment from Emma Argiroff on Vimeo.

The purpose of my animation is to explore transitions and stitch together abstract scenes in such a way to portray a sense of creation. I recently bought a tablet and have been experimenting with color, line weight, pressure, and drawing quality (gestural vs. contour line).
Because these techniques are new to me, I did not really know what to expect. I created many different scenes, and rearranged them on Final Cut. I am generally happy with how the piece came together although I still can improve on some of the transitions. I don't want to plan out my next animation frame by frame, but I need to create a simple plan if I want a unified animation with smooth transitions. Also, the overall drawing is two-dimensional and I would like to create more depth in my next animation.  I will also experiment with some sound effects rather than just using a jingle from iLife sound effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment