Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Strand_Claymation Experiment


For this animation, I wanted to create some sort of character.  I was inspired by the computer generated creatures (such as the Anomalocaris) in the BBC documentary "Walking with Monsters".

http://supernovacondensate.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/screen-shot-2012-06-21-at-19-05-10.png?w=640

I also wanted to try to animate the character so that it moved quickly.  I think that the jumpy movement that I created is fairly successful.  I am not sure the sound for this video is as successful, however.  I tried to create a "slimy" noise for the creature, but I'm not sure that this resulting video is as interesting or entertaining as it could be.

I found this experiment to be particularly enjoyable, as it was one of my first attempts to animate a dynamic character.

No comments:

Post a Comment